Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Blind Design


This is a Blog that I created to show the design and construction of our floating duck blind.  

I could not find many designs on the web for floating blinds, so I thought I would pass along.  





Tommy, my hunting partner was the draftsman for the project.  He is also the "Detail Guy" for our plan.  After much research, we decided to build the floating blilnd at 8' X 12' dimensions

The key to this blind is the use of the Techstar Plastics Dock Float.  These are available at Home Depot and are very durable.  We used 6 in our design.  Each float is rated for 415lbs. 


















2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did your blind turn out? any final pictures? i'd probably go with decking instead of plywood for floor. plywood doesn't seem to last 2 seasons.

    ReplyDelete